UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Oct 2019, 6:59 pm   #1
simonjp
Tetrode

Default Yaesu FRDX400 & FLDX400 as new value?

Hi

I have been asked to help with the disposal of a SK sale, usual mix of Icom and other Tcvrs,

But.

In his loft was boxed FRDX400 and FLDX400, original packaging, manuals and the facias still have the celophane protection. Its possible that these have been in storage for over 30 years.

I have advised the son of the SK not to turn them on.

Also amongst the find was an FT200 and matching FP200 psu, also in new boxed condition but without the protective film.

Can anyone suggest a value for these please?

It seems the FoxTango user group is now deceased or moved to facebook, and I do not use any social media.

Simon
Old 14th Oct 2019, 8:44 pm   #2
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

Default Re: Yaesu FRDX400 & FLDX400 as new value?

Put them on an on line auction site - you know the one.

Start a £1 and they will find their value

Fred
Old 15th Oct 2019, 11:16 am   #3
Steve G4WCS
Heptode

it depends how much work you are prepared to do to sell them.

If internet selling, if you offer well packed international postage and put a decent set of pictures on the listing they may attract a couple of collectors abroad who will get into a bidding war.

If they are listed collection only sold as seen not tried, then looking at similar sold listings £60-100 ish each but who knows if you put them to auction, they are a part of radio history but not exceptionally rare.

do you have a local radio club who may be intersted in them or even better did the SK know any young people with an interest in radio who would be delighted with them ?
Old 15th Oct 2019, 2:31 pm   #4
simonjp
Tetrode

Thanks for advice gents.

I expect that the son of the Sk will list all the other gear with photos on the usual auction site.

I have never come across a pair of seperates before that, apparently seem unused, with original protective films etc.

I dont feel as though those two should be treated to the usual run of the mill aution fate!... Maybe the FT200 and FP200 ( although they are also in exceptional condition)

I was hoping that someone might know of a yaesu collector/fanatic who may have a display/collection.

Is there any replacement to the "foxtango group"?
Old 15th Oct 2019, 6:06 pm   #5
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjp View Post
Thanks for advice gents.

I was hoping that someone might know of a yaesu collector/fanatic who may have a display/collection.

Is there any replacement to the "foxtango group"?
Most "serious" collectors probably already have these - they are not exactly rare even if you havent seen them before. On average 10 FR400s have passed through the auction per year, over the last 15 years

Foxtango still exists. Maybe response to the website is slow, last time I saw the main person was on a sponsored cycle ride. It is not a business anymore. They are also on Facebook.

Fred
Closed Thread