UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 9th Nov 2018, 3:04 pm   #1
needle2groove
Diode

Unhappy Sony 5650 Vfet amp service

Hi everyone,
My first post anywhere ! after 3 yrs of trying I cannot find anyone who can service my SONY 5650 VFET amp, I have been collecting the things I lusted after as a teenager and found a shed stored scruffy looking but working one.

It hadn't been used for 15 yrs and is filthy however I plugged it in and hey presto it sprang to life, however I unplugged it 15 mins later for fear of VFET death and have not used it since.

Is there ANYONE out there in the UK who services VFETS !!!

Please help.
needle2groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2018, 5:18 pm   #2
Studio263
Octode

Default Re: Sony 5650 Vfet amp service

PM sent.

Your instincts are correct, I wouldn't use it again until it has been checked over carefully. Sony V-FET - the KV-1810UB of audio!
Studio263 is offline   Reply With Quote