UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jan 2019, 10:40 pm   #21
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Electric connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgingCap View Post
When I started work, the 'Safebloc' variant was known as a 'Lennie' by the ladies up in electronic assembly on account of the LEN printed on the keys.
BC
Nothing printed on the keys in my Safebloc- just black, green and red dots. There's an E on the base in the middle but no other letters. I'll have to call it a "Nellie" now.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 20th Jan 2019, 11:33 pm   #22
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I have a Keynector and one of the Universal plugs with the Red, Green & Black Buttons, the latter bought from RS many years ago. Don't use either very often these days, but they are handy when safe temporary connections to the mains are required. Of the two I prefer the Keynector, as I find the spring-loaded buttons on the other type increasingly difficult to depress the older I get!
Old 21st Jan 2019, 5:57 am   #23
TonyDuell
Dekatron

I had one of those pushbutton plugs, but I think the body broke up. I think I got it from Tandy. It was more modern than the ones here as the buttons were the new colours, blue, green (did it have a yellow stripe?) and brown. The buttons pressed on one of those press-to-release terminal blocks that was positioned so the holes for the wires on the outside of the plug lined up with the contacts.

I also have a Keynector which still gets used when I need to make a quick mains connection e.g. to test a transformer. It normally has a 3A fuse in it which I have to remember to swap if I need to test anything needing more current.
Old 21st Jan 2019, 9:43 am   #24
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I think my Keynector must be a "Lennie".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keynector.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	176811