UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jul 2019, 6:51 pm   #1
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Hitachi Car radio- Wm702R wire colour codes?

I have a mono Hitachi car radio from about 1970.. The figure of eight speaker loom is greyish white, one wire has a thin blue line. Could someone confirm which is pos/neg please?
Old 24th Jul 2019, 8:59 pm   #2
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Hitachi Car radio- Wm702R wire colour codes?

If it's just one speaker, and neither wire is connected to Earth, it won't make any difference which way around you connect it. If you use two speakers, they should be connected the same way around to prevent cancellation effects. (+ to + and - to -, in parallel; or - of one to + of the other and the remaining terminals to the set, in series.)
Old 24th Jul 2019, 11:42 pm   #3
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Re: Hitachi Car radio- Wm702R wire colour codes?

Makes perfect sense, thank you. I am testing it tomorrow so will hopefully hear just what remains on MW and LW these days.
Dave
Closed Thread