UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Aug 2014, 4:34 pm   #1
woodchips
Octode

Default More information in a wanted post

Would it be a good idea to require wanted posts to include a little more information?

I am thinking here of two particular types of wanted post, for components and spares.

For components an idea of what price you are prepared to pay. More particularly with valves, probably most people don't have any idea of value so never respond. It takes effort to drag the item from the loft and check it.

For spares, such as has anyone got a terminal used on an XYZ radio. What about a photo so anyone who doesn't really know what every radio looks like might have a chance of identifying it.

Just an idea, worth a test run?
Old 31st Aug 2014, 6:04 pm   #2
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

Default Re: More information in a wanted post

Can I just add that photos (+ dimesions) would be particularly helpful to identify control knobs.

I am sure I am not the only person with hundreds that I have no idea what sets they are for.
Old 31st Aug 2014, 6:49 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

These are good ideas.

But I don't think it needs to be mandatory. Thoughtful (hopeful?) posters will generally include these details anyway.

Nick.
Old 1st Sep 2014, 12:14 am   #4
AC/HL
Dekatron

The more information that is provided will naturally help the search, photographs included.
The price is really a matter for PM negotiation.
Closed Thread