UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 9th Oct 2005, 1:08 am   #1
Andrew c
Tetrode

Default Restored Murphy B818

Hello to you all. This is one of four radios I purchased from ebay these radios were sold as untested and blow me two of them are workers. Anyway I decided to start on the Murphy B818 and after stripping and washing and polishing it has turned into a nice little radio the circuit was ok and only had one dry joint the case was in good order but did need a clean and the chrome is slightly pitted

but some ambersol polish brought it up a bit better.
I don't expect radios to come up mint after all these are old and used but I'm very pleased with the results on this one
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0056.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1646   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0058.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1647  

Last edited by Andrew c; 9th Oct 2005 at 1:17 am.
Old 9th Oct 2005, 1:34 am   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Restored Murphy B818

Good on yer Andy The 818 is a nice little radio and these Murphy's were rather more solid than their Bush counterparts. I see yours is a 'Caroline' version and these turn up less often. The Dansette Gem (?) next to it looks tidy too.
Old 9th Oct 2005, 8:17 am   #3
howard
Nonode

Default Re: Restored Murphy B818

Hello Andy,

Lucky you ! Ive been watching these Murphy B818s on eBay for months but have yet to see a really nice one - I missed this one. I saw a scruffy one at Harpenden and as Darren says they seem to be more robust than the Bush TR130s.

Howard
Closed Thread