UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Nov 2019, 4:11 pm   #1
Radio Tech
Nonode

Default E.A.R. Front Panel

I am in the process of restoring a E.A.R. record reproducer 1960, among other items that need attention which are the record changer deck is the front panel of which the gold lettering has taken a turn for the worse, I would like to know if there is someone or somewhere I can get the panel type faced. I am also looking to obtain another deck which is the Collaro Conquest one, any help appreciated.

best wishes

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Panel.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	192887  
Old 1st Nov 2019, 5:47 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Front Panel

These rarely turn up on their own. You would have to buy another record player for this. What's wrong with the existing deck? Bear in mind that any "spare" deck bought now is highly likely to be faulty anyway...
The "1960" name plate can be cleaned all over first, removing any stain and ingrained content. Then you can fine brush some Humbrol gold lacquer into the etched plastic.
Old 11th Nov 2019, 11:05 am   #3
Radio Tech
Nonode

Default Re: E.A.R. Front Panel

Many thanks for the tip on this Edward, I will get my art skills going again, at least it will make it a bit more presentable

Ken
Old 11th Nov 2019, 4:09 pm   #4
Bookman
Hexode

Default Re: E.A.R. Front Panel

Hi Ken,
I would have thought that most of the modern sign manufacturers will have the necessary equipment to create a decal and corresponding printer needs. Won't be cheap; say £30ish but may be worth it?
I will eventually need a "Pam" gold decal and am hoping our local printer will oblige.
Regards
Joe
Closed Thread