UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Sep 2022, 6:49 pm   #1
MeerKat
Hexode

Default Solar panel controller circuit please

I am looking for a circuit for a solar panel controller that I intend to build and I know there must be an expert out there who can come up with a design for me.

Specification.

MPPT or PWM control, preferably MPPT.

Input: 1 standard solar panel (40v max, 10A max)

Output: 48v nominal, (adjustable)

I intend to put up 4-6 solar panels in various locations and they will be subject to shading at various times throughout the day/year as the suns position changes.

Due to the shading issues each panel must have its own controller.

I would use them to charge a 48V battery bank.

I would like a circuit with component values but can carry out adjustments. I realise this would be a step up unit and need an inductor(s), if these are not off the shelf I could wind them but would need P/Ns of the cores.

Many thanks for looking and mods please move if in the wrong section.

Illegitimi non carborundum
Old 6th Sep 2022, 5:43 am   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Solar panel controller circuit please

This sort of thing involves a significant amount of development work and needs a lot of details of the installation and what it is to do, followed by the inevitable debugging and adjustments as it is built and commissioned.

The mods don't think that the forum is the best place for all the discussions for a one-off design, as it's unlikely that anyone else has identical needs.

So, we'll close this thread.

Anyone interested can contact Andrew by PM.

David