UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2019, 8:32 pm   #1
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Default Wurlitzer Lyric Amp circuit

Hi Folks, I have been given an amplifier to look at from a Lyric Jukebox (1978/9). I don't have any further info on the model. The amp is a model S79 and has two pairs of 2N3055's in it and a board with the drivers. There are also two festoon lamps which are I think in series with the speakers. I have checked the output transistors in circuit and they seem ok, I will probably need to disconnect them to check thoroughly. I have not powered this up yet as I don't want to damage anything. Does anyone have any service info on this amp please. I have googled it but could only find one picture. Any help gratefully received. Norman
Old 20th Nov 2019, 9:42 pm   #2
Alistair D
Nonode

Default Re: Wurlitzer Lyric Amp circuit

This thread gives a source of cheap manuals if no-one has what you need.
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=73246

Al
Old 20th Nov 2019, 10:50 pm   #3
vidjoman
Dekatron

Had a look at my manuals but the only Lyric amp circuit that I have has got ECL86 valves in it. I've done several transistor versions (there seem to be many variants) but never had a manual. They are pretty basic and recall that the outputs were transformer driven. They are, after all, a cheap Wurlitzer from the German company.
Old 21st Nov 2019, 1:06 pm   #4
sortedradio
Heptode

Hi Norman,
I have a copy of the Lyric 1977 manual, which I don't think will be much different to the 1978. I will send you a pdf if you message me your email. It is too big at just over 17MB to post here.
Closed Thread