UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Nov 2017, 10:09 pm   #1
David Gardener
Diode

Default I'm looking for someone to fix my Ferguson 3T18 boombox

Hi, I have a Ferguson 3T18 boombox which recently stopped working. My partner was listening to it at the time that it failed, she told me there was a very loud buzz that lasted for less than a second then nothing. The boombox does power up, lights still work, tape goes round, ff and rw, mains hum still present from speakers and the speakers still move and make the normal popping sound when switched on and off. Strangely this is how the boombox was a few years ago when I bought as non working (could there be a weakness in the circuit I wonder?), I had it repaired but unfortunately the guy who fixed it back then no longer does repairs. I recently cleaned all the pots and switches with Servisol Super and Deoxit and it was working perfectly until it's sudden unexpected demise. I live in Mid Wales and would have to post the boombox. The boombox is a variant of this http://www.wikiboombox.com/GE%203-5286A
Can anybody fix this for me for a reasonable price?
Cheers.
Old 20th Nov 2017, 9:30 am   #2
sunthaiboy
Triode

Default Re: I'm looking for someone to fix my Ferguson 3T18 boombox

Hi David,
I am in Mid Wales SY5 9BE (Criggion Radio Station), if you're ever in the area and could drop it in. I am happy to take a look at it. I don't usually charge for repairs (unless they take loads of time or effort), only the parts I use. I assume you don't have a cct diagram? If no I would need to obtain one.
Robert
Closed Thread