UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Oct 2017, 4:20 pm   #1
Geoff 555
Heptode

Default TV22 small problem.

Hello I have a small problem, I put it down to age, the TV also has a small problem that is annoying. The picture is down and to the right (viewing from front). Test card 'C'. Left castellations 1/2" to the right. The 'C' down so half of it is covered by the mask. Vertical and horizontal holds lock rock solid.
The picture size varies very little from just visible to flat out. (1/4").
Now it can be on for 5 hours, enough to get to a reasonable temp, and the picture set up and centred. Turn it off for a few days and picture has moved down etc. it does not correct it's self if left on. If left untouched it will not alter.
It seems as if that is the way it is. Maybe I should leave it?
Cheers.
Geoff.
Old 28th Oct 2017, 5:38 pm   #2
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: TV22 small problem.

Damp in the LOPTX? Got to guess that all suspect resesistors and caps have been changed in the line stage etc.
Old 28th Oct 2017, 7:46 pm   #3
Geoff 555
Heptode

Hello thanks, well everything changed and the same thing happening with the old loptx which gave up the ghost and a rebuilt loptx from Mike Barker ( great thanks.).
Just after I posted a ecl80 valve base contact whent intermittant, so I will change that. (V7).
Checking round and remembering a contrast pot problem, will see to that while I am at it.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Saved from a Mc Michael 501 thank goodness.
Old 1st Nov 2017, 6:43 pm   #4
Geoff 555
Heptode

Hello, well as a matter of interest ,perhaps ,then the problem of picture movement etc. has been completely cured. The valve holder 'not' holding the valve. This kind of holder uses the 'Y' shaped pin contact, not sure of the spelling, Mc Murdo? anyway there are only 2 in the set.
3 contacts had lost 1 leg.
1 looked as if it had started to burn.
2 had spread the legs wide, much too wide.
3 looked probably OK but broke when I poked them with a pin.

How the heck it Ever worked I do not know. Been like it for years!
If I come accross any holders the same in future then they will be carefully checked.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Closed Thread