UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Feb 2018, 1:38 am   #1
GunnyLee16
Diode

Default Racal PRM 4700A, Whip Aerial.

Hello all, I am new here and am needing information.

I need to know where I would be able to purchase a whip antenna and battery pack for a PRM 4700A radio. I purchased it three years ago and cannot find any information as to the type of threads or connector nomentclature of the whip socket the antenna goes into. Even the manual just says "Whip antenna socket". The manual provides me with Racal proprietary product numbers but they no longer exist as I believe Racal is owned by Thales now.

Many thanks in advance for any help you could provide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20180210_065921.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	157813   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20180210_070353.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	157814  
Old 20th Feb 2018, 9:08 pm   #2
PeterRoberts
Tetrode

Default Re: Racal PRM 4700A, Whip Aerial.

Hi,

I used to work for Racal back in the day and we didn't really have a name for these whips as such, we just refereed to them as either a 'whip to fit XYZ radio' or by the Racal part number, e.g. 719094.

Although not common, they do appear on the usual auction sites from time to time. The same may well be true of the battery pack.

Good luck,

Peter
Closed Thread