UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Feb 2018, 11:26 pm   #1
Valvepower
Heptode

Default Pye Black Box BBA (PCL83) treble on/off control knob and cabinet

Hi,

Thanks to the guys on the BVWS stall at Tonbridge Iím now the proud owner of a Pye Black Box BBA (PCL83 version) Record player.

Itís one of those rare models with a working output transformer, but itís missing the smaller treble on/off control knob, so if anyone has one they could spare it would be appreciated plus the cabinet is a sorry state having been splattered with some emulsion paint with some knocks and scuffs etc., so as well as finding a replacement treble and on/off control knob Iíd be interested in a donor cabinet in a good/reasonable condition, as this may save me restoring the cabinet.

I feel itís had little use, but the cabinet is in dire need of some TLC. Speakers and turntable look to be in good shape, not sure of the cartridge though.

Regards
Terry
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 6:51 pm   #2
Valvepower
Heptode

Default Re: Pye Black Box BBA (PCL83) treble on/off control knob and cabinet

Hi,

Iím still looking for the Treble control knob for the BB/A PCL83 Black Box, but it looks as if I may have located a decent cabinet though.

Hope the mods are ok with the covert bump up the list

Terry
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 7:32 pm   #3
60 oldjohn
Nonode

Hi Terry, Can we have a photo of what the knob is to match with please? I think there were a few different knob styles used through the years on black boxes.

John.
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 9:58 pm   #4
Valvepower
Heptode

Hi,

Here we go a picture of the knobs - he says in a tongue in cheek Carry on Movie sort of way

The knob on the right is the volume control and is a single moulding and fits on a single shaft and matches the dual concentric bass and treble controls. The knob on the left is the outer bass control and itís the inner treble control knob which is missing.

The treble uses the smaller inner shaft on the dual concentric potentiometer.

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060366.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	158592   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060364.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	158593  
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 7:57 pm   #5
Valvepower
Heptode

Hi,

Iím brazenly bumping the thread - I hope this is ok

To affect some sort of a solution I nicked the two knobs off the Bush VHF62, which was taken by Rich along with all the other radios yesterday, but it would be nice to find the original knob though.

Terry
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 8:03 pm   #6
60 oldjohn
Nonode

Sorry Terry, I missed the pictures, I may not be able to help this time but will look tomorrow.

John.
Closed Thread