UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Sep 2018, 2:47 pm   #1
Daviddean
Retired Dormant Member

Default Converting 405 line tapes to 625

Hi I am wondering if anyone out there has built an upconverter for 405 - 625 conversions, I know there are a few down converters, but no up converters. One problem is that the material is on half inch reel to reel and I do have the play back machines. Does anyone have a service manual for a Sony CV2000 I can look at?
Old 18th Sep 2018, 6:43 pm   #2
AidanLunn
Heptode

Default Re: Converting 405 line tapes to 625

The best method would be optical conversion (a monitor displaying the material at 405 with a very slightly defocussed video camera pointing at it) unless you're a whizz with firmware, software and video card hardware. If you are, you could create an electronic computer-based upconverter of your own similar to the 625 to 405 downconverters that computer buffs on here have been discussing recently.
Old 18th Sep 2018, 7:16 pm   #3
AidanLunn
Heptode

Speaking of which there were a few 405 to 625 upconverters, but there was only a handful of these made and they were only available to broadcasters for archive maintenance. So it is technically possible electronically but as you have found out, there are none commercially available.
Old 18th Sep 2018, 7:46 pm   #4
jayceebee
Heptode

This subject has cropped up before. See this previous thread. https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=132946
Old 19th Sep 2018, 9:23 am   #5
peter_scott
Dekatron

See: https://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/f...d.php?tid=7089
Closed Thread