UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Aug 2004, 9:52 pm   #1
BlowFish
Retired Dormant Member

Default Questions Re: Bush Radio Website

A few questions comments for Mike
The Bush Radio site is a superb site for info on vintage Bush radio. It would be nice to have a section for Bush Tv's, or is your interest in Bush just restricted to just radios.

Have you seen pictures of this Bush Mechanical TV set ?

Some info on Bush Tv sets would be nice especially the pre war sets and immediate post war (1946 on)
Old 2nd Sep 2004, 6:30 pm   #2
mjizycky
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Questions Bush Radio Website

Hi Blowfish,

Thanks for stopping by my website. Sorry I haven't replied earlier but a little thing called the Olympic Games has been occupying my time!

It isn't my intention to cover Bush's television sets, interesting though they are; I think they, especially the early models, are well enough documented on such sites as www.earlytelevision.org, http://www.thevalvepage.com/tv/Tele.htm and the like.

I have seen the advertisement for the mechanical Bush television receiver (as far as I know, Bush were the first commercial manufacturer to offer a set apart from Baird himself) and have a photocopy of it.

As for my interest in Bush - it's not restricted to just the radios! I'm interested in everything to do with the company; ephemera, shop signs and marketing devices, catalogues, the company's history both in England and abroad, you name it. The absence of television on my website is because:

(a) Others have already done much on the TV sets and the Bakelite radios, so I saw little point in duplicating their efforts and -

(b) I work in the medium and I have to escape it sometime, you know!!!

A future development of the website will incorporate service manuals in PDF format - but the television side will probably be passed over to Jon Evans as he's more involved with TV than I (the TV32 circuit came from me). I can say there'll be nothing on pre-war TV as I don't have any info on them other than what was published in Television and Short Wave World.
Closed Thread