UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Sep 2017, 9:21 am   #1
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default Bulletin in its autumn colours

My copy of the autumn Bulletin arrived this morning. I was struck by how colourful the cover was being covered as it was in pictures of various manufacturers valve boxes.

I've had a quick look through the index and there are plenty of articles of interest (as usual) to look forward to.
Old 9th Sep 2017, 10:47 am   #2
Andrewausfa
Octode

Default Re: Bulletin in its autumn colours

Exactly my thoughts Colin, super cover. Alex is doing a fine job. Even the missus got confused and went to pick it up from the table to read, thinking it was a Saturday morning newspaper magazine, before she saw 'BTH Radio Valve' on the front.

I noted Gregs plea for more articles as well.

Andrew
Old 9th Sep 2017, 11:03 am   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Thanks for the prompt to check my post - which hadn't arrived when I looked earlier.

I agree about the great cover and I look forward to reading the contents.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 5:03 pm   #4
audiomagpie
Heptode

Can you let me know by PM or email please if you've not yet received your copy of the Autumn Bulletin...

Many thanks

BVWS committee chairman
Old 13th Sep 2017, 9:03 pm   #5
Philips210
Nonode

My copy arrived last Saturday and is an excellent read as usual. There's an interesting project on an a.m modulator which I hope to build (when I can find the time).

Regards
Symon
Old 13th Sep 2017, 9:08 pm   #6
AC/HL
Dekatron

Two baths down so far, should last another two (or three if I can slow down a bit) Highlight of the day while it lasts.
Old 13th Oct 2017, 4:09 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have finally added the contents of the Summer and Autumn 2017 Bulletins to the BVWS website here http://www.bvws.org.uk/publications/bulletins.php

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 13th Oct 2017, 4:48 pm   #8
MurphyNut
Heptode

I was wondering if I should have received my Bulletin by now, I signed up as a member at the Harpenden meeting in september but haven't received anything yet, not even a membership card!
Old 13th Oct 2017, 6:26 pm   #9
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Hi Clive, I believe membership runs from Jan 1st, years ago when I first joined in the Autumn I received all four magazines for the present year. I also received in the same package an invitation to pay for the next year. I hope your membership starts with the spring issue, with the bonus of being able to attend BVWS member only events for the remainder of this year ?.

John.
Old 13th Oct 2017, 9:12 pm   #10
audiomagpie
Heptode

Clive, I remember you from Harpenden! The next Bulletin (Winter) is issued early to mid December, were you given a welcome pack on the day with this years previous 3 Bulletins within? If not, please PM me via this forum. New membership cards will be issued to subscribing members in the spring, they're not crucial, if you attend any events you'll be admitted no problem and as your name is on the database you'll be able to obtain a bidding card for any auctions, again no problem.

Please do get in touch if I can be of any further help....

BVWS committee chairman
Closed Thread