UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Old 20th Sep 2021, 11:53 am   #1
hstaples
Diode

Default Brenell MK5 Gold Finish with Meter

Hi, I need help with the machine above. I took it apart to change the Hunts caps but forgot to take photos now I don't know if I connected it up right ! The unit I was working on has a meter NOT the magic eye. I also have a magic eye version and when I took it apart to compare the wiring is different ! So I need a close up photo of the component side under the front panel so I can see If I connected it up right before power on. Please see pics.

Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	Brenell Amp1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	241739

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brenell Amp2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	241740

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brenell Amp3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	241741
hstaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2021, 4:01 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Brenell MK5 Gold Finish with Meter

A real shame no photos taken.

Magic Eye version but a couple of photos in Post 115 of my Brenell Thread.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=171143

David
DMcMahon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2021, 11:40 am   #3
hstaples
Diode

Thanks David, I will take a look. One of the main reasons I did not take a photo is because I thought both units would be exactly the same, how wrong I was.

Thanks,

Harvey.
hstaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2021, 8:38 am   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

If they are both the original Gold finish Mk. 5 then I would have thought that they should be basically the same apart from the Magic Eye/meter circuitry differences. My Mk. 5 had a number of extra low value capacitors fitted (not shown on the schematic) possibly for noise suppression.

David
DMcMahon is online now   Reply With Quote