UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Aug 2017, 10:01 am   #1
BrianCheal
Diode

Default Bush VHF64 Needs a service? - Plymouth

Hi
We have a wonderful Bush VHF64 radio renovated by Nigel Rogerson in Plymouth some 20 years ago. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us. Does anyone remember him? He was a friend of ours and changed all the oil/wax capacitors, sorted out the hum problems we had. The radio has worked so well over the years used every day by us.

We now have a problem with the piano keys selecting the VHF channel. We have contacted Martin in Torquay (now retired) who suggested that mechanical/contact mechanism just needs some WD40. We can still pick up channels on long and medium wave. It has been suggested that piano key problems are not always repairable?

The tone and detail on this radio is exquisite and we would really like it to be repaired.

Is there anybody in the Plymouth area who would able to service/repair our Bush VHF64 radio for us please?
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 5:50 pm   #2
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Re: Bush VHF64 Needs a service? - Plymouth

O.K., I'm not in the "Plymouth area", but could probably help: I live in Chard, South Somerset. If you could deliver the set to me, I'll have a look at it - and give you a report.

Replies by P.M., please: thanks.

Al.
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 6:33 pm   #3
dazzlevision
Nonode

Default Re: Bush VHF64 Needs a service? - Plymouth

Under no circumstances should you spray WD40 on the switch contacts, as it will cause irreparable damage to them. Leave any contact cleaning to qualified repairers.
Old 5th Aug 2017, 3:08 pm   #4
BrianCheal
Diode

Default Re: Bush VHF64 Needs a service? - Plymouth

Thanks for that advice Dazzlevision - this is why I joined the Forum - using WD40 sounded suspect to me too and I really want any servicing/repair done properly...
Closed Thread