UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 22nd Sep 2021, 8:29 am   #1
beamcurrent
Heptode

Default Pye TVT equipment Knobs & Buttons for MCR21

Our restoration project for the BBC Outside Broadcast Van is going well And we had it's first public outing last weekend at the Goodwood Revival Event.

This was most successful with a great many visitors showing great interest. However there is much yet to be done, and we still need to find a large number of items! If you are able to help.

We need a number of these black knobs that Pye used on TV camera and other equipment in the 1960s. There is also a requirement for some round clear perspex buttons as per the photo. These are a bit earlier from the 1955-63 period.

We are looking for the exact type to be historically correct.

Our Trust, the BTTT will be having a display stand at the forthcoming RetoTech. This would be a convenient place to meet and explain our work. We look forward to welcoming you.

www.mcr21.org.uk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pyeknob black.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	241894   Click image for larger version

Name:	pye buttons .jpg
Views:	69
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	241895   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1956_1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	241896   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3288_1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	241897   Click image for larger version

Name:	L1001946 C_1_1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	241898  

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
beamcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 12:22 pm   #2
cmjones01
Nonode

Default Re: Pye TVT equipment Knobs & Buttons for MCR21

Quite a lot of my stock of components came from Pye TVT when they were taken over by Varian, and I thought I might have some of those knobs. I've just checked and I don't have any, sadly. I do remember them being used on some 842844 monitors which have long since found new homes in the vintage TV community.

Chris
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 5:24 pm   #3
red16v
Hexode

Could these be candidates for 3D printing? I have no personal experience myself.
red16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 6:54 pm   #4
beamcurrent
Heptode

One of our volunteers did have a go at 3D printing, it's hard to get the correct detail finish and then there is the locking screw to consider.

Thanks

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
beamcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote