UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jun 2023, 11:46 am   #1
Roger Ramjet
Heptode

Default 25 Years Of Rock - Radio programme

Hi mods,

Trust this is in the right section mods, but please feel free to move or delete if applicable.

A pal of mine has been searching for archive recordings of the titled programme. He states it was originally broadcast in the 80's but has recently been re broadcast on R6.

He has found some threads but they no longer work so any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks, Rog
Old 5th Jun 2023, 2:48 pm   #2
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: 25 Years Of Rock - Radio programme

They're available on the "MixCloud" Streaming Service, and don't forget there's also the later Radio 2 series "Sounds of the 20th Century" from 1951 to 2000 available on MixCloud as well!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 5th Jun 2023 at 2:59 pm.
Old 5th Jun 2023, 2:53 pm   #3
Wellertcp
Tetrode

And many episodes of the follow-up tv series 'The Rock'N'Roll Years' are available on youtube.

I've always thought 'The Rock'N'Roll Years' is the BBC's finest moment - a masterpiece of work never to be repeated.
Old 5th Jun 2023, 4:00 pm   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

PS!

I've just checked on MixCloud and unfortunately one episode, 1961, doesn't appear to be there!

Chris Williams
Old 5th Jun 2023, 6:20 pm   #5
Roger Ramjet
Heptode

Appreciate the response both... I have just passed on you suggestions to my pal.

Rog
Old 11th Jun 2023, 9:44 am   #6
Roger Ramjet
Heptode

My pal has just downloaded 23 x episodes from MixCloud & is over the moon so you are his hero Chris.

He is still looking for 61(as noted), 63, 64, 65, 70, 72 & 80 but enough so far to keep him going for a while.

Rog
Closed Thread