UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2015, 1:29 am   #1
trevwgb
Tetrode

Default BT Revelation

Hi all
I have a BT Revelation running a total of 9 vintage phones including number 2, 121,150,162, 329, couple of 706s and a couple of French phones. It allows these to be shown off really well and it has been up and running for some time. I have a system phone but have not tried to change the programming as the setup when it came from Ebay (probably the default) does what I want it to do (also the programming does not look that easy!) However I have a problem with 2 of the extensions.
1.Ext 24 rings out, but you cannot ring into it ( tried several phones and changed the Master socket )
2.I cannot connect phones to ext. 26 & 27 and discovered that if I just use ext. 26 it will ring if either ext number 26 or 27 are rung from another phone.
Are these just faults or might I be able to do something about this?
Many thanks
Regards
Trev
Old 11th Jun 2015, 8:52 am   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: BT Revelation

Hi,
I have used a few Revelations over the years to operate my phone collection and they can sometimes exhibit strange behaviour at times if not fully re-programmed.

I have produced a "quick guide" for programming my own Revelation, as the programming instructions on Bobs Telephone file are not the easiest to follow.

Unfortunately the computer that I am using at present does no have access to said instructions but I am happy to PM them to you once I am at the right computer.

You can try doing a full system reset by dialing 7651799 (ignore beeping), 1901460 from extension 21, but this will also reset the exchange ports to pulse dialing mode and as a result the exchange line dial tone will not be heard when accessing a line (i.e. dial 9 or 51,52 etc.) unless you re - program the Revelation to Tone dialing.

Regards

Andrew
Old 11th Jun 2015, 7:01 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

According to my Installation and Maintenance manual (available at https://www.systemstl.co.uk/item/137...lation-manuals), the default setting is MF, although it is necessary to dial 765581 for access to exchange line dial tone.
Old 11th Jun 2015, 8:49 pm   #4
Mark James
Hexode

I have recently set up a Revelation for my phones and AndiiT's instructions were very useful - Thank you. I found the instructions produced by Tonetel were much easier to follow than the trial BT documentation. An initial system reset followed by a work through these rapidly resulted in a fully functional system. The only minor glitch was adding the 3 extensions from the 1+3 card which Andy gave me. The instructions say that the system will automatically register these on system power up ... it did not. However it was easy to manually add these by following the relevant section. Similarly it was straight forward to get the external dial tone presented to the extensions.
I cannot remember where I found the Tonetel version but if you cannot locate it PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward them to you.

Mark

Last edited by Mark James; 11th Jun 2015 at 8:51 pm. Reason: Omission
Old 11th Jun 2015, 9:02 pm   #5
McMurdo
Dekatron

Certainly worth a factory reset on the revelation as it can get itself confused from time to time.
We used to have a revelation at work and got through about 4 new main boards in as many years. They can do some really weird things when they glitch, for example ringing random extensions on their own, (often in the night!), blanking-out the lcds on the systemphones, and ignoring MF tones from SLTs.
Old 12th Jun 2015, 10:58 pm   #6
trevwgb
Tetrode

Smile Re: BT Revelation

Hi Chaps
Very helpful - will work on it
Thanks
Trev
Closed Thread