UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Dec 2018, 11:49 am   #21
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Can I use vintage Philips record player with new Bose speaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techman View Post
As far as I can see, the circuit isn't available from the list of instant downloads on this site, so here's a quick snapshot of it below - speakers need to be of the 8 ohm impedance type with plug types as said above.
We'll be describing how to replace Lockfits next.........
.........O..Chris....O
Old 18th Dec 2018, 12:21 pm   #22
ben
Dekatron

If you have the patience to wait for 'em to arrive from China, try ordering these. They will screw on to the existing speaker leads and require no soldering - which is tricky on these small DIN plugs.

If you want it done quicker, SS radio over in Liscard (Mill Lane) will probably sell you some!
Old 19th Dec 2018, 2:35 am   #23
Techman
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald1360 View Post
We'll be describing how to replace Lockfits next.........
We certainly don't need to go that far on this particular unit at this particular time

Folk are going on about the 'tape' socket and whether it's a 'live chassis' or not, so a quick post of the diagram knocks these two questions on the head in one go!

It might have been better if I'd just posted close ups of the two areas only, but thought that in years to come someone may search for information on this model and find the circuit which may not be available anywhere else on the 'net. The only downside is that it's a bit of a shame that the snapshots I did weren't a bit clearer

It's in the red book 73/74.
Closed Thread