UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Aug 2019, 4:41 pm   #1
William
Triode

Default Anyone with a Valve Tester near to Maidstone Kent?

Hi, looking for anyone near to me who has a Valve Tester I could possible use. I'm happy to pay for the time and usage.

Also if anyone near to me selling a Valve Tester I would be very interested.

Thanks in advance
Old 24th Aug 2019, 8:23 am   #2
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

Default Re: Anyone with a Valve Tester near to Maidstone Kent?

I'm a fairly long drive from Maidstone (I'm in South Oxfordshire) but you'd be welcome to test whatever you need on one of mine (AVO III and CT160).

I might possibly be persuaded to sell my Taylor 45C though.

Craig
Old 25th Aug 2019, 11:08 am   #3
William
Triode

Thanks Craig for the kind offer, I wish we just lived a bit closer to each other. If you do want to sell your valve tester I'd probably be interested. I only have a budget of £200 - £300 which may not be enough looking at current prices on the Internet.

Seems that valve testers in the USA are much cheaper and more commonly available. But likely would need a step down transformer and a chart to convert our valve numbers to their equivalents.
Old 29th Dec 2019, 2:10 pm   #4
Luxman1050
Octode

Hi William
I have a Taylor 45a valve tester I can sell it's in immaculate condition fully working and it has all the original adapters including some additional ones one of which is for 9 pin valves. It comes in a wooden case plus a good copy of the how to use manual plus schematics and I also have an original taylor 45c booklet which can be used for the 45a but quite rare to find.
Anyhow I live in Birchington Kent if your interested I'll post some pics of unit.

Cheers Chris
Closed Thread