UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Aug 2019, 5:18 pm   #1
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Website Update

I have added another page to my website just giving a brief outline of first generation EMI televisions that included radios and/or gramophones. If you see anything wrong please let me know.

Peter
Old 25th Aug 2019, 1:51 pm   #2
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: Website Update

Just noticed this. Thanks Peter!

Magnificent beasts, weren't they? The 1938 catalogue reminds us that the first generation sets continued to be available when the second generation came along...

Steve
Old 25th Aug 2019, 2:48 pm   #3
Radio Wrangler

I'd describe the styling as not so much art deco, more a precursor to brutalist!

David
Old 25th Aug 2019, 8:36 pm   #4
peter_scott
Dekatron

Thanks Steve, I must admit that I didn't put the page together without reference to your site.

I have to agree with you David that they are rather massive, and brutal if you come in contact with some parts of their innards!

Peter
Closed Thread