UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Dec 2017, 10:10 pm   #1
4114effects
Retired Dormant Member

Default Rogers Cadet II value?

Hi guys, new to the forum. Bit of a valve amp enthusiast, but come from the background of building and servicing guitar amps. Anyway, I recently scored a Rogers Cadet II in a car boot sale and was wondering if anyone could help me with its value?

It's in great condition - has both the power amp and preamp part and comes with 3 of the 4 original Mullard yellow print power valves and the two original Mullard preamp valves.

Preamp is missing the wood surround. Also I don't know if the power amps were mounted on some kind of a base or plinth originally?

I've given all the pots and sockets a clean and it now works beautifully. Everything inside appears to be original too - resistors and pots. It really is a lovely thing to look at and listen to. I'm half tempted to keep it but I've already built myself a valve hi-fi so it's a bit redundant.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (4).jpg
Views:	237
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	154140   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg
Views:	481
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	154141   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (3).jpg
Views:	219
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	154142   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	154143  
Old 17th Dec 2017, 10:16 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Rogers Cadet II value?

Checking eBay completed sales will give you the best idea of value.
Old 17th Dec 2017, 10:23 pm   #3
4114effects
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Rogers Cadet II value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsherwin View Post
Checking eBay completed sales will give you the best idea of value.
First place I looked. Unfortunately I only found one non-working power amp only for £210 ... so it didn't help much
Closed Thread