UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jun 2018, 5:57 pm   #1
Nic-15fl
Hexode

Question Is it possible to do this? (PAL signal)

Hello all! I was wondering if you guys would have a solution idea for this?

am owning 2 analog color television's, one is possible of displaying Teletext, and another is an older 70's type, my computer is having it possible to display a signal on multiple video out port's most of them are the regular HDMI, but I want a sort of system witch won't use to much cable work and mainly transmit it, any idea's?
Old 25th Jun 2018, 12:04 am   #2
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Is it possible to do this? (PAL signal)

Each TV set would need a HDMI to composite video adaptor, and also a UHF modulator if it did not have a SCART socket. All the parts you need should be available from the usual places online.

Probably the least cabling would be required if you combined the UHF signals from the two modulators, set for different channels, onto a single coax and then used a simple inductive splitter to feed both sets.

You can generate your own Teletext signals and inject them into an existing video signal using a Raspberry Pi with an adaptor to tap into the video signal. It uses two GPIO pins to monitor the field and line syncs, so it can count the lines after the field sync pulse; and another to switch between the input video signal and a fourth GPIO pin, which carries the actual zeros and ones making up the character codes on the page.