UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jan 2018, 8:46 pm   #21
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Tandberg TP41 FM scale error

Indeed. And as my copy of the service manual is in Norwegian (?) then I wasn't about to translate it all just in case a type of 'screwdriver' was mentioned to twiddle a one-off slug. The point is, with vintage sets you can use the so called correct tool and slugs will still break due to them being stuck or jammed; they're naturally brittle. In my particular case the problem was exacerbated by the offset access hole in the sub top panel. Basically anything you shoved down the hole appeared to jam somehow, there was no 'clue' as to how the tip of the tool was mating with the slug, if at all. If the slug had been easy to access and see, then maybe I could have stood a better chance, but that wasn't the case. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Old 4th Jan 2018, 9:07 pm   #22
ms660
Dekatron

If you had removed the battery holder you could have peered up the bottom hole to see the slug type, anyways what's done is done.

Lawrence.
Old 4th Jan 2018, 9:38 pm   #23
crackle
Rest in Peace

It could be the cord has shrunk, or stretched, and the pointer just needs moving.
Mike

Last edited by crackle; 4th Jan 2018 at 9:44 pm.
Old 5th Jan 2018, 11:12 am   #24
stevehertz
Dekatron

No, it's not that, first thing I checked. The pointer runs from end to end properly as it's supposed to do.