UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jun 2021, 5:22 pm   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Hacker Herald

As I use my Hacker inside and outside I tend to retract the aerial when transporting it, what is quite annoying is when retracting the aerialthe radio would tipple to one side due to there being only one foot at centre rear, now is this a cost cutting or design feature for un even surfaces? Thoughts please . I need to get a life don't I, but I will settle for a instead cheers , Mick.
Old 9th Jun 2021, 8:11 pm   #2
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker Herald

The big expensive Dynatron radiograms of the late 1940s had three wheels within the plinth, two at the front and one at the rear so that they didn't wobble about on the uneven floors of those large mansion type properties that they would be used in.
Old 9th Jun 2021, 8:27 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker Herald

Given the other aspects of Hacker design I can't think saving the price of a plastic foot per set would have been a consideration, so I'll plump for the arrangement as having been chosen for optimum stability on a variety of surfaces. After all, when did you last see a photographer using a quadripod?

Paul
Closed Thread