UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Aug 2012, 12:52 pm   #1
SapphireBlue
Retired Dormant Member

Question Tascam Porta One tape head locked

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user and relative dunce when it comes down to anything technical.

I have a old Tascam Portastudio One which is a cassette based four track
recorder. This was working really well up to relatively recently when the tape heads have locked on the on postion and wont return now.

Rather than get rid of the machine I would really like to get it fixed and was wondering if anyone could advise me if the problem has any easy fix, or whether I should take it to get repaired. If the latter, can anyone recommend a good repairman located in North/East London or perhaps a bit farther afield?

Thanks.
Old 1st Aug 2012, 9:07 pm   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Tascam Porta One tape head locked

Almost certainly the problem will be due to stretched or broken belts.

Unless you have the confidence and experience to dismantle and reassemble you should not attempt it.

I live in NW London which might be convenient for you.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Closed Thread