UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Mar 2019, 10:41 pm   #1
yestertech
Nonode

Default A very long 'rountuit' - RCA128E

I suspect I'm not alone in this, but this set has sat gathering dust on a shelf in my workshop for ...well to be honest I couldn't quite remember. It came from someone's loft in response to a wanted ad, in the era before eBay really got going. A small brass tag on the front states it was supplied by
'Anastasia and Sons , Valetta, Malta'

I recall having some professional help with a repair to the curved top and also consulting a french polisher re materials and finishes. Ah, the enthusiasm for a newish hobby !
Time to get have another look perhaps ?
Having dusted it off, I found my notes re- dismantling inside and also a summary of what I had found last time the chassis was out of the cabinet.....dated April 2004 !

Sadly, having remembered that the chassis is a bit of a basket case, I have reluctantly returned it to the shelf. Some day, he says wistfully !
Quite a 'looker' though ...

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RCA128.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	179827  
Old 13th Mar 2019, 12:13 am   #2
Steve_Bell
Hexode

Default Re: A very long 'rountuit' - RCA128E

Quote:
I suspect I'm not alone in this, but this set has sat gathering dust on a shelf in my workshop...
You're not alone! I bought this Murphy A122 in 1993, did some preliminary repairs but noticed that the rubber insulation on a lot of the wires was crumbling. I had good intentions of rewiring and French polishing the cabinet. All the bits are present, stored in the glass jar and mustard tin. I also have the back.

Probably not been looked at since about 2002. One day, perhaps, when I am retired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0781.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	179834   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0778.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	179835  
Closed Thread