UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2007, 5:43 pm   #1
vishal.vora
Retired Dormant Member

Default Using Freeview box on Sony KV1320

Dear all,

I have two of these wonderful TVs, one mk1 and the other a mk2. I would like to get freeview on them, am looking into the Humax Fox 2 receiver. Has anyone experience of viewing FreeView on this type of old tv?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best,

Vishal Vora
London
Old 4th May 2007, 5:51 pm   #2
Tazman1966
Nonode

Default Re: Sony KV1320

Hi Vishal and welcome to the forum.

There should not be a problem using these sets with a Freeview box. The only proviso is that there is a UHF modulator either in the box itself or externally fitted as neither of these sets will accept video entry.

You can of course connect the scart output of the Freeview box to a VCR and then tune the Sony to the RF (UHF) output of the VCR.

Good luck!

Tas
Old 4th May 2007, 5:57 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony KV1320

As these will (presumably) not have a SCART (or similar) socket (at least, I can't see anything in the circuit diagram), you will either need a Freeview box with a UHF output which can be fed into the aerial socket of the TV (others may know whether your proposed Humax Fox 2 has this) or an external modulator (a VHS video recorder with a SCART socket will provide this function).

edit: I see I've just been beaten to it!

Last edited by Dave Moll; 4th May 2007 at 5:58 pm. Reason: pipped at the post
Closed Thread