UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2007, 4:27 pm   #1
Mikeymushradio
Rest in Peace

Default Bush TV22/24 Band 1/111 RF chassis info needed

Does anyone have any info on this please? I have recently acquired a TV24 minus the RF chassis, but the manual does not appear to mention this chassis (A63).

Can anyone throw any light on it, please? It is presumably from the end of the 22/24 production run, so data may be a little scarce.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31bd_1_b.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	9526  

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 3rd Jan 2008 at 5:31 pm. Reason: S&P
Old 3rd May 2007, 4:48 pm   #2
beery
Heptode

Default Re: Bush TV22/24 band 1/111 rf chassis

Hi Mikey,

Shortly after the TV32 was released a Band 1 & 3 version of the RF unit was produced. It is only found in wooden Bush sets. I can't remember the model numbers without looking them up.

However, it may not be important as I have EB91 and EF80 versions of the TV22 RF unit amongst my spares. The question is which is right for your set? We can find out though, something to do with the video coupling circuit being on the main deck in early models and on a vertical tag strip at the back of the RF unit on later models.

Cheers
Andrew
Old 3rd May 2007, 5:09 pm   #3
Steve_P
Dekatron

The A63 receiver unit is used in Bush TV24C, TV33, TV36C and TV43.

The valves are:

V1 : PCC84
V2 : PCF80
V3, 4 and 5 : EF80
V6 : EB91
V7, 8 and 9 : EF80
V10 : EB91

Use the TV43 sheet, which is on Duke Nukem's CD.

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 3rd May 2007, 6:13 pm   #4
Mikeymushradio
Rest in Peace

Thanks to Steve and Andy for the quick response.

Excellent stuff!
At least I have something to work from now.

The forum comes up trumps again.

Many thanks
Mikey.
Old 4th May 2007, 8:43 am   #5
Duke_Nukem
Octode

In the photo there are three holes at the left of the chassis. This is where a band I/III switch goes, as well as two tuning controls (one to set the Band I channel, one to set the Band III channel), and there should be a bracket that mounts on the top and sticks out at teh left - it stops the two tuning screws going too far, but has to be removed before you can get the chassis out. Do hope you have these.

To use it in a "normal" TV24, you'll also need to drill a hole in the cabinet and into which a recessed bakelite panel would be fitted.

So to be honest I think the RF chassis you have is too much work fit to a previously single channel '24 .

If you're itching to crack on with the set I do have a spare restored RF chassis - vision ok but sound real low - which I could at least lend you whilst you crack on with the rest of the set.

TTFN,
Jon

PS : The TV43 manual is downloadable from here :-

http://www.thevalvepage.com/tvmanu/bush/bush.htm

Page 7 shows the extra brackets etc that would be needed.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:25 pm   #6
Mikeymushradio
Rest in Peace

Hi Jon,
Many thanks for the extra info and studying the manual, plus your advice. I think I will look for an alternative RF unit; I don't want to drill the cabinet really, and then there's the problem of knobs, aerial socket etc in the wrong place so the back would be to modify.

Thanks also for the offer to loan an RF chassis but I have a working TV22 with the correct chassis that I can use to test.
The set has other problems apart from the RF strip, as the mains dropper panel is also missing so the search continues..................

Thanks again
Mike

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 3rd Jan 2008 at 5:35 pm. Reason: S&P
Closed Thread