UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jun 2021, 9:46 am   #1
rontech
Heptode

Default Early full frequency range record 78 rpm

I am interested in dance band music of the 1930's. I have found uploads on youtube of American Brunswick recordings with recording date given as 1936

1936 Jimmie Grier - Where There’s You There’s Me (Redd Harper, vocal)

Brunswick 7679

They are not the usual UK style labels but say made in USA and have "Full Frequency Recording" banner at the top of the label. It was my understanding that Decca was the first company to market FFRR records from about 1945 / 1946.

Anybody know anything about the earlier Brunswick reference?

Last edited by rontech; 17th Jun 2021 at 9:58 am.
Old 18th Jun 2021, 11:08 am   #2
barretter
Heptode

Default Re: Early full frequency range record 78 rpm.

FFRR stands for Full Frequency Range Recording

The only picture I can find of a Brunswick 78 with any like "Full Frequency" actually reads "Full Range Recording". There was a commercial link between Brunswick and British Decca from 1932 onward when the original Brunswick company went bankrupt and Decca acquired their British operation. The link carried on until at least the 1950s when Brunswick LPs were issued by Decca.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78Brunswick3Ca.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	236052  
Closed Thread