UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jun 2022, 9:44 pm   #1
Philips210
Nonode

Default Manor Supplies Mk5 Colour Pattern Generator

Hi,

With reference to this old thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=20752 I was wondering if anyone has a decent copy of the Manor Supplies Mk5 colour pattern generator circuit diagram. The original diagram is rather difficult to read. Thanks.

Regards,
Symon
Old 24th Jun 2022, 6:59 pm   #2
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Manor Supplies Mk5 Colour Pattern Generator

I think I can read that enough to start work on a new replacement drawing for you – I'll get it started this weekend!

Chris Williams
Old 24th Jun 2022, 8:07 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

The version posted by kevinmin later in the thread looks pretty readable.
Old 24th Jun 2022, 9:38 pm   #4
Philips210
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55000 View Post
I think I can read that enough to start work on a new replacement drawing for you – I'll get it started this weekend!

Chris Williams

Thanks Chris, that's very kind of you but don't waste too much of your time on my account. I'm mainly looking to confirm the component references/values on the circuit diagram. If you do decide to redraw it I would be most grateful.

I had started to try and redraw it but I'm finding it very difficult to read many of the component references and values. The components list does help to give a few clues though. Many of the references are just a blur on the circuit. I opened the file in MS Paint and used the eraser to remove all references/values etc. The initial idea was to print out the circuit and hand write the refs/values as a rough but clear copy then use say KiCAD to reproduce a decent circuit diagram. Even the IC pin names/numbers are very hard to discern. It is doable but quite a challenge and time consuming.

Thanks.

Regards,
Symon
Old 24th Jun 2022, 9:45 pm   #5
Philips210
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
The version posted by kevinmin later in the thread looks pretty readable.
Hi Dave.

Yes, the circuit provided by kevinmin is considerably clearer than the earlier copy in that thread but it is still difficult to discern many of the characters. It would appear that is the best available so it looks like I'll try to redraw it. Chris also kindly offered to help as well.

Regards,
Symon
Old 24th Jun 2022, 11:26 pm   #6
Chris55000
Nonode

As I said, I think I can decipher most of it!

A member did offer a Mk V. un–tested a while back and I made an offer for it as I wanted it for the purpose of redrawing all the documents but it had already gone!

Chris Williams