UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jul 2018, 7:45 am   #21
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Studer B67 Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickuk99 View Post
Hi all,

My Studer B67 MK1 has been running very well until last night...

Now when you press play, rewind, or fast forward the transport stops after a couple of seconds. If you hold the transport button down it is okay, plays well, rewinds etc... however as soon as a button is released it stops.

Can anyone give me some pointers? is this a tape sensor issue?

Any help most gratefully received.

many thanks
The machine is basically working if all you have to do is hold it in mode. Either the right hand drum is not sending the tape run signal to the control logic or the photo-electric tape detector on the left of the headblock is faulty. I'd say the rest can wait until this is sorted.
Old 15th Jan 2019, 12:20 am   #22
Øyvind Kjellhov
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Studer B67 Problem

Hallo Nickuk99.. Did You find out of the problem Studer b67 ? I have the same problem with
my b67. For a long time I could hold the play button , and it works. But when I dont hold it
the studer stop. This was possible in a long time, but suddenly it com smoke out of electronic... and now it do not work at all.
Did You find the problem ? ( sorry for bad writing, I am a Norwegian ).

Øyvind (Oslo)
Closed Thread