UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jul 2017, 10:58 am   #1
g4kjs Allen
Diode

Default Sailor T124 Marine Transmitter

Any member who is interested in “Sailor” Marine Radio Equipment?

I have just acquired a T124 / R110 ships wireless set with the intention of restoring it – and its turning out much trickier that I thought. I could do with some help please.

Symptoms are:
1. The receiver works OK, as long as the transmitter is switched off. If the TX unit is switched on, no audio is received from the RX, only noise.
2. When the push-to-talk on the handset is pressed, nothing happens.
3. If I manually close the big relay behind the power buttons on the TX, the power supply unit fires up, but nothing else happens - the TX is still inoperative.

I only have a manual for the larger T126 - and it doesn't help me to trace how the receive / transmit changeover is accomplished.

If anyone has any ideas, or knows where I can get a schematic (and RX power plug) I'll be very grateful.
Allen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T124 pic.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	145784  
Old 7th Jul 2017, 11:12 am   #2
Station X

Default Re: Sailor T124 Marine Transmitter

Google is a truly wonderful thing!

http://www.peel.dk/SP/pdf/Sailor%20T124%20(Manual).pdf

http://www.peel.dk/SP/pdf/Sailor%20R110%20(Manual).pdf

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 10th Jul 2017, 8:18 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Allen, I may have a spare PSU for the sailor if you need one.

Ed
Old 15th Jul 2017, 1:53 am   #4
crestavega
Pentode

Hi Allen
I am attempting to restore a T128 at the moment. with limited success albeit slightly more success than you, at least mine does something on PTT/

you said that Nothing happens when you key the handset:
check the "safety switch" is ok. this is a small microswitch that is supposed to inhibit Tx if the radio is out of its steel case. it is located quite near to that big relay you mention so you probably have seen it....
if that switch is open-circuit then nothing will really work.

I have a few sailor sets in various states of disrepair. something about the aesthetic design and weight of those green radios really gets me.
Closed Thread