UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jul 2017, 2:37 pm   #21
G3PIJpeter
Hexode

Default Re: 813 anode choke

While I am sure that no owner of an LG300 will want to make these changes, I have included these photos to show that a previously-wrecked example can be adapted for DDS drive on 160 and 60 metres.
The original anode choke has sufficient inductance to work on 160 but I replaced the rather grotty pi-tank switch with an 8-section NOS Heathkit ceramic item with sections in parallel to short out the pi coil and also to switch in extra tune and load capacitance for Top Band.
In either CW or AM mode (and with the help of a variac on the EHT supply), the transmitter will deliver the maximum permitted up to 150 watts of carrier in the appropriate allocations on both bands.
Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4036small.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	146272   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4040small.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	146273  

Last edited by G3PIJpeter; 16th Jul 2017 at 2:43 pm.
Closed Thread