UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jul 2017, 7:10 pm   #1
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Gillan crystal set

Has anyone heard of a Gillan crystal set? I saw one for sale recently and was tempted to buy it. I don't have anything that early in my collection.
The set is quite small with a lift up lid with a plug in coil under the lid.
There is a small red and gold label on the inside of the lid with the name "Gillan" in gold script.
I tried an internet search and found no references or pictures.
Does anyone here have any knowledge of them? Also any advice on what would be a fair price to pay? I don't mind paying market value but I don't want to buy something that's maybe not original or majorly overpriced.
I do have a couple of poor-ish pictures taken on my phone which I can post on here if it helps.

Rich.
Old 14th Jul 2017, 7:25 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Gillan crystal set

There was Gillan Radio Electric of London ?

Lawrence.
Closed Thread