UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2017, 10:52 pm   #1
Tyso_Bl
Hexode

Default Calscope Super 10

This is the one previously mentioned as having mouldy pots, the fault occured in storage, instead of a spot on screen we get a vertical rectangle, vertical amps and timebase working normally. The focus and intensity controls can be manipulated to produce what looks like an enlarged image of a section of the tube cathode.

So it looks like a EHT fault, tube EHT seem about right 1.4kV, so left it there for the night or two.

Came back to it this evening intending to take some more volltage measurements to try and pin point the fault, an it smoked one of its resitors in the PSU area, prolly a good job too, sort of fuse, the +ve 20v rail is dead now, along with non functional amplifiers and timebase, Still got that lovley green rectange on screen, that hasn't changed.

What I'm looking for now is a circuit diagram of this scope, it seems to be a variation of The Scopex 4D10, I've found one pdf refering to a 4D10 /Racal in this forum, the problem with it being that altough the PCB layout is correct, the circuit diagram is different from the PCB layout, almost like it was from a budget version of the scope.

Help please guys,

T
Old 17th May 2017, 3:15 pm   #2
ChesterChris
Diode

Default Re: Calscope Super 10

I have just registered having stumbled across your post: I have a manual for the Calscope Super 10 which includes a circuit diagram and component layout. I'd be happy to send you a copy if you still need it.
Chris
Old 29th May 2017, 5:06 pm   #3
Mundenhouse
Retired Dormant Member

Hi there just registered and saw your post. I have been looking for the calscope super ten for ages. Would be obliged if you could send me a copy of the manual? Many Thanks Mark.
Old 11th Jul 2017, 10:31 pm   #4
HD41117
Diode

Hi Chris, I have a Calscope 10 which is working but needs an overhaul and a bit of tlc. Would it be possible for you to also send me a copy of your manual? It's a pretty nice machine for simple analogue work.
Closed Thread