UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jul 2017, 8:52 am   #1
Linnovice
Hexode

Default Diode supply

Last week my Revox A77 machine developed a problem. The end of tape switch stopped working. I stripped the control board out yesterday and discovered the the diode D119 had gone dead short. The component is a Si-Diode BA 127. Can anyone please advise where I could possibly get a replacement from? I've tried google and have found the Siemens data sheet but can't find anyone in the UK who sells them.
Old 2nd Jul 2017, 9:06 am   #2
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Diode supply

There is nothing special about the BA127 (60v 100mA), any small silicon diode that meets or exceeds those ratings should be fine.
Old 2nd Jul 2017, 9:06 am   #3
Station X

Default Re: Diode supply

According to this page it's a 100mA 60 p.i.v general purpose silicone diode:-

http://www.semicon-data.com/diode/dc/ba/BA127.html

A 1N4002 or higher rated diode should be fine.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread