UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Old 29th May 2024, 11:33 pm   #21
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Transparent Tacky glue - What is it?

I'm sure this is not the product being discussed here but I'm going to mention it anyway.
It was a thin stringy none setting tacky liquid that was used in light assembly.
It was featured on Tomorrow's World, but as usual the BBC did not tell you its commercial name or maker.
I'm sure however that I encountered the stuff on the heads of self-tapping screws securing the push-button and slider control assemblies in 16 inch ITT colour TVs. ITT CP340.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	itt 16.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	298234  

Last edited by Graham G3ZVT; 29th May 2024 at 11:50 pm.
Graham G3ZVT is offline   Reply With Quote