UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2018, 12:01 am   #1
Techman
Dekatron

Default Bush VHF 61 in Lincoln shop

Tidy looking Bush VHF 61 radio for sale for £35 in John Birkett's shop in Lincoln.

I noticed it today when I went into Lincoln for the 1940s weekend and John's shop is right on the periphery of the event. Just up from the shop was a stall selling 78s etc. Quite a few rock & roll records for various prices including Bill Haley, Elvis Presley, Little Richard etc. I bought rock around the clock on 78 for £2 for example. next to this was the '78 DJ' with a stall with various gramophones - he had an HMV portable with some sort of pickup arrangement for it to run through a mixer and PA. It's on again tomorrow (Sunday), but the weather doesn't look like it's going to be too good, unlike today. I'm tempted to go again if the rain holds off, though whether John will open the shop specially to cash in on the potential trade, I don't know - I should have really asked when I popped in for a few words with him today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110656.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	167392  
Closed Thread