UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Apr 2019, 9:36 am   #1
jonnybear
Octode

Default Peak DCA55R error code 2

This unit has had little use, when I went to use it the other day it came up with this code, I did contact manufacturers they said possibly fault caused by charged component, never knowing a transistor could hold a charge?, it has only ever been used for checking out of circuit transistors. any suggestions appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06951.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	181242  
Old 19th Apr 2019, 1:23 am   #2
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Peak DCA55R error code 2

Try a power down reset or changing the battery. I have three different Peak units and they have been reliable apart from the occasional battery failure. The ones I have use those little 12V lighter batteries, so haven't got the greatest capacity. Saying that, if you have already spoken to the manufacturer and they can't help you may be stuck.
Alan.
Old 19th Apr 2019, 7:41 am   #3
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

I'd be inclined to send it back to Peak and let them look at it - after all, they do make a point of standing by their products.
Old 19th Apr 2019, 8:36 am   #4
Sideband
Dekatron

I usually suggest removing the battery completely, pressing any button on the device (to make sure there is no residual charge in a capacitor somewhere) then reinsert the battery and try again. If this doesn't work then returning to Peak may be the only answer.
Old 19th Apr 2019, 6:55 pm   #5
Horris
Hexode

I sent a unit back to Peak for repair sometime ago. The service was excellent. Have since bought other Peak units. They are very good value for money.

Dave
Old 19th Apr 2019, 9:40 pm   #6
Freya
Octode

Speak to Peak, they are great and usually will replace the unit. I had a DCA75 that would not read any germanium transistors and it was changed next day for new unit with further 12 months warranty.
Old 27th May 2020, 1:49 pm   #7
Peak Atlas
Diode

Hi JonnyBear,

This is Jez Siddons of Peak Electronic Design Ltd here.

I was made aware of this thread today by another user, so apologies that it looks like it's taken a long time for me to reply!

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly using the email address on our website (peakelec.co.uk).

We endeavour to help with any problems, even for units that are out of their standard 2 year warranty.

I know it's many many years since we made the units in red (we did it as a special for Farnell).

If you'd like me to look at your unit for you then pop it in the post using a simple padded envelope to this address:

J.Siddons
Peak Electronic Design Ltd
Atlas House, 2 Kiln Lane
Harpur Hill Business Park
Buxton, SK17 9JL

Include your contact details.

When we receive it here we'll see what the various options are. If you're not happy with any of the options then I'm happy to return it back to you at no cost. I will also confirm our findings in case that helps.

If we do carry out any repairs then we will always apply the latest applicable firmware (that suits your hardware version), carry out a full test, pop a new battery in and pop it back to you. All covered by a new repair warranty of 12 months.

Let me know if I've missed anything or if you have any questions.

All the best,

Jez Siddons
Engineer and Director
Closed Thread