UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Apr 2008, 11:06 pm   #1
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Little Maestro T105 Drive cord

Has anyone got a diagram of the drive cord for one of these little sets? Just finished the electrics and as I was checking the tuning, there was a 'ping'........ Unfortunately only the circuit is shown on Pauls CD#1. It's not a difficult run but I'm not sure which direction the cord goes around the tuning spindle.

Thanks.

Rich.
Old 4th Apr 2008, 1:31 pm   #2
Top Cap
Octode

Default Re: Little Maestro T105 Drive cord

Hi Rich, I am surprised nobody has any info to hand in order to help you and you have not received any replies. I own a T105 and if you are still wanting, I could remove the chassis and take some photos of the drive cord, might even be able to sketch it as well. Let me know if you still require the info.
Cheers
Les
Old 4th Apr 2008, 4:26 pm   #3
Sideband
Dekatron

Hi Les. Yes please! I've done a reasonable guess job on it and it's working but would still like to know if I have it right. Not sure if the turns go clock or anti-clock around the tuning spindle.

Thanks.

Rich.
Old 4th Apr 2008, 5:09 pm   #4
Aerodyne
Octode

Hi Richard
I think this is what you need, though its from a Pilot T115.
-Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drive cord.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	16205  
Old 4th Apr 2008, 7:44 pm   #5
Top Cap
Octode

Is that sketch from Tony allright Richard?
It looks ok, clockwise rotation of tuning knob should make the pointer move upwards.
Les
ah
Old 4th Apr 2008, 9:31 pm   #6
Sideband
Dekatron

It's similar. The spring on the T105 goes on the outside of the drum. However I think I've got the cord going the wrong way on the tuning spindle because the pointer travels down with clockwise rotation. Probably have a play over the weekend.

Rich.
Old 4th Apr 2008, 11:33 pm   #7
Top Cap
Octode

Hi Rich, I had a go at drawing it up but a bit difficult in MS Paint to draw curves but hopefully will give you some idea. Also a couple of photos to aid it, note the drum is shown with tuning gang fully meshed. The pointer should be at the low position at this time, i.e. turning spindle clockwise makes the drum turn anti-clockwise, opening the tuning capacitor and moving the pointer up the scale.
All the Best
Les
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T105_1.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	16226   Click image for larger version

Name:	T105_2.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	16227   Click image for larger version

Name:	dial drive.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	16229  
Old 5th Apr 2008, 6:39 pm   #8
telstar
Octode

Hi. This model was covered by the E.R.T service sheets, in fact I remember having a service sheet for this radio, but I am not sure if it illustrated the dial cord pattern & direction of travel? If I find the data, I will let you know.
Regards
Mike
Old 5th Apr 2008, 9:47 pm   #9
Sideband
Dekatron

Hi Mike (Telstar). The ERT sheet (1091) is the one on Pauls CD#1 but it doesn't show the drive cord layout. Anyway with the help of Les and Tony I've probably got enough info to get the cord right. It's a pity that when it broke, it unwound itself from the tuning spindle.

Rich.
Old 6th Apr 2008, 9:36 am   #10
telstar
Octode

Hi Richard. I also have one of these radios in my collection. If I come across the set, I will look at the drive cord layout and let you know.
Regards
Mike
Closed Thread