UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jun 2019, 10:35 am   #1
John10b
Nonode

Default Valve bases, B9A etc.

Two different sizes of above can be obtained from Modulus Electronics, with thanks to Paul JD. I couldn’t find the size I required, 18mm, on the popular.
Cheers
John
Old 20th Jun 2019, 10:37 am   #2
John10b
Nonode

Default Re: Valve bases, B9A etc.

Sorry i should have said ModulusAmplification.com
Cheers
John
Old 21st Jun 2019, 8:21 am   #3
John10b
Nonode

I also understand that Langrex stock different size valve bases.
Cheers
John
Old 21st Jun 2019, 9:18 am   #4
Argus25
No Longer a Member

Some B9 bases are definitely made for different sizes chassis holes, that includes both top and under chassis mounting types.And ceramic vs phenolic types. I have been caught out a few times myself. Many sellers do not specify the exact sizes then you can get a good or a bad surprise when they arrive. Some of the reproduction ceramic sockets from the Far East fit the larger size hole too.
Old 21st Jun 2019, 1:46 pm   #5
John10b
Nonode

Yes I got caught out ( I’m not a cricket fan!) recently, I had a faulty base in the Pye Bb I’m restoring, I ordered a ceramic base, assuming it would fit hole but alas it was too big. Thankfully a forum member came to the rescue.
Cheers
John
Old 21st Jun 2019, 5:47 pm   #6
turretslug
Dekatron

Some B7g, B9a and B9d valve sockets (in particular, also several other types) have stamped sheet metal skirt and socket insert that are made to be assembled either way up in order to make them under- or over-chassis mounting and can be reversed by carefully opening up the crimped-over lugs, inverting the insert and re-crimping.
Closed Thread