UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 2nd Mar 2019, 2:24 pm   #181
Richard_FM
Heptode

Default Re: Vintage Radios, TVs etc in films and on TV (not anachronisms)

I've heard of the title but not seen it.

In another series someone finds a time capsule with a Sonv pocket radio inside, & asked if that's what Sony used to be called.

It's common for products in Japanse media to have the brand names changed slightly.
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 12:10 pm   #182
'LIVEWIRE?'
Dekatron

On Saturday evening I was watching the '6.5 special' film via a recently acquired Blu-Ray Disc, and I'm sure that in at least one scene featuring Diane Todd as 'Anne', there was an Ever Ready Sky King portable radio prominently visible. In 1958, when the film was both made and set, we had the similar Sky Queen. Bulky, heavy things to carry around, but transistor portables were new and expensive items back then!
'LIVEWIRE?' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 8:56 pm   #183
greenstar
Octode

Watching an episode (Flight to Jawani) of 'It ain't half hot mum', and one scene shows a control tower communicating with a flying fortress. As below. I've no idea what the equipment shown is.
Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110585.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	181740  
greenstar is offline   Reply With Quote