UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 18th Oct 2011, 9:16 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Post Dual Can High Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors

As there have been several inquiries recently about suitable capacitors to replace the reservoir and smoothing capacitors used in valve radios, amplifiers, etc., may I suggest

http://www.die-wuestens.de

AKA

http://www.askjanfirst.de.

This company stocks a wide range of dual capacitors in values such as 16+16uf 350v, 50+50uf 350v, etc., in clamp mount and screwfit versions, plus other components used in valve equipment(including valves).

Prices on their site are shown in Euros, both with and without German VAT(MWsT) Postage to the U.K. is from 10Euros for a package weighing up to 500g.

Last edited by 'LIVEWIRE?'; 18th Oct 2011 at 9:23 pm. Reason: To correct info. about pricing & postage charges, etc.
Old 18th Oct 2011, 9:57 pm   #2
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: Dual Can High Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors

Hi All,

The BVWS also stock the full usual range of these capacitors in several different can sizes and also the screw through the chassis types as well.

Plus they also stock the 10KV and 12KV EHT smoothing caps for vintage TV use.
There is also a large range of polyprop axial leaded 400 and 630 volt capacitors to replace all old paper caps.

Even specially made units to replace the 16+32uF in the Bush DAC90A and also the 60+250uF in the Bush TV22 are stocked.

All of these are available via mail order and also on the BVWS stall at every BVWS radio event and Audiojumble.

They will also be available from the BVWS website in the future by direct ordering with paypal payments available.

Check out the back page of the Bulletin for details of all the caps we stock.

All the best,

Mike...
Old 5th Jan 2012, 5:28 pm   #3
greenstar
Octode

Mike, I may be seeking a couple soon for my marconi 'scope ... alas, not a BVWS member as funds very tight. Any chance of a scan of that list?
Tony
Old 5th Jan 2012, 8:18 pm   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

From memory 8 X 8,16 X 16, 32 X 32uf at 450V .
Plus all common value poly caps.
David GM8JET
Old 5th Jan 2012, 10:30 pm   #5
greenstar
Octode

Ahh. Looks like I need three of 100 Mfd 275v and a 20+20 500v. Any hope? Probably 4 of 8 too.
Tony
Old 6th Jan 2012, 1:22 pm   #6
radioman
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphymad View Post
The BVWS also stock the full usual range of these capacitors in several different can sizes and also the screw through the chassis types as well.
Hi Mike,

I think you would sell more of these if you mentioned their physical size and technical specification, e.g. ripple-current rating. I certainly never buy any component without knowing this information.

Andy
G-QRP #12697
Old 6th Jan 2012, 3:20 pm   #7
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

You are correct Andy, but I have used plenty and they are excellent quality.

David
Closed Thread