UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2017, 11:04 pm   #41
D Cassidy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Bush TV22 spares availability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus25 View Post
I did not know these were so expensive, but I guess given the "one off" nature of the job and the time consuming nature of it, it doesn't surprise me. probably this would be with the repairer stripping the old transformer and keeping the original former & core.

It would be good to have a bulk batch of the coil assemblies made, at least 30 to 50 units by a transformer company arranged with a new former for the EHT coil & tags and a primary winding such that the old iron core could slip into it. This might get the cost for the coil assembly down below 30 pounds at a guess.

In fact it might be worth a vote. I would buy such a spare part/coil assembly now, if it were for sale, given the unreliable nature of the original part.

It might be possible if enough TV22 owners would do it too, we could all front up the money to get them professionally wound.

I wonder how many TV22 owners are "out there" and what % would want to buy a spare coil assembly, assuming a reasonable cost ?
Hello.
I think the person that rewinds the transformer is a chap called Mike? I could be wrong though, like I previously said I am more into radio and crystal sets.
My good friend Trevor is very knowledgeable and does lots of restorations and repairs of old TV sets in Scotland.
Old 9th Dec 2017, 12:28 am   #42
AC/HL
Dekatron

Forum members Ed Dinning and Mike Barker (Murphymad) both offer rewind services. You would need to contact them about the possibilities.
Old 9th Dec 2017, 4:48 pm   #43
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Hugo, I wind mine with 0.25 wire as it is the size I keep (copper diameter, usually grade 2 double insulated enamel). This makes very little difference to the turns/ layer.

I've never had the problem of a failed Metrosil, but I believe there was a thread about this problem a few years back, not sure what the outcome was.

Ed
Old 10th Dec 2017, 4:26 am   #44
Argus25
No Longer a Member

Thanks Ed. I thought that a good replacement for the role of Metrosil in the TV22 would be a silicon stick Eht rectifier, as it wouldn't fail on the much lower voltages, and it has by comparison to lower voltage silicon rectifiers, a higher forward resistance. Then it could have a series & shunt resistor load added so that the CRT's A1 voltage worked out to be correct.
Closed Thread