UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2021, 7:00 pm   #1
murphy512
Pentode

Default Crosley E15 scratched cabinet

Hello,
the cabinet of my new Crosley E15 has a couple of scratches and a hairline crack and I was wondering if anybody can suggest the best way to deal with it.
The rest of the cabinet is good and I do not fancy respraying the whole cabinet.
Thanks
Aldo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7981[1].jpg
Views:	120
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	228102   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7982[1].jpg
Views:	105
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	228103   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7983[1].jpg
Views:	107
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	228104  
Old 2nd Mar 2021, 7:35 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Crosley E15 scratched cabinet

The hairline crack - if it goes-all-the-way-through to the inside I would suggest 'feeding' the crack from the inside using cyanoacrylate superglue - surface-tension will draw it into the crack and prevent the crack from progressing.

The scratches - could be worth investigating the 'coloured' car-polishes: at first I was cynical but used one-such [Turtle Wax] on a scratched car door-sill and was impressed by the results.
Closed Thread