UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Sep 2022, 9:53 am   #1
Buzby123
Heptode

Default 8073 Datasheet

When I posted my 'What I wanted, but never got' thread back in 2020, siriushardware kindly posted a link to a digital copy of the datasheet.

Unfortunately that link now seems to be dead. ( See https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...04&postcount=2 )

I recently had a PM asking for a copy of the datasheet, so here it is again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf INS8073_DataSheet.pdf (342.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 11th Sep 2022, 8:22 am   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: 8073 Datasheet

No comments, but 14 people have looked at it so far! (maybe some of them were bots).

I notice also that a mod has kindly added a redirection from the original post with the now dead link to your post above, thanks to all for keeping things up to date.
Old 11th Sep 2022, 1:08 pm   #3
Slothie
Octode

I downloaded it and stored it, but since the chance of me getting an actual chip is slender I don't have much to say.... I guess the nearest I'll get is the PICL board

It might be nice to see if its possible to update Karens SC/MP core to add the interrupts and new instructions of the 8070. I guess thats another project for the list......
Old 11th Sep 2022, 4:51 pm   #4
Timbucus
Octode

Ah I was one of the downloads just in case it was not on my reference drive as I am lucky enough to have one waiting in my projects box to build up - it has been slow progress recently due to poor health and busy work/family life.

As you say the PICL board does broadly create a similar modern experience - and would be a good base for a buildup of a truly modern recreation.
Closed Thread